Leading global information provider seeks a General Manager with full P&L responsibility for one of its largest business units, as well as oversight of all product management, talent, and related operations associated with the business unit.
- Provide strategic and tactical planning and execution for the global higher education market, including analyzing feasibility and business options as part of market planning reviews.
- Develop market business strategy, opportunity assessments, and annual financial targets that fully realize the goals and objectives of the strategic plan.
- Recognize and communicate an understanding of market issues, directions, and trends, and assess their impact on business strategy.
- Proactively manage team talent and pipeline at all levels.
- Represent market through direct contact with customers, partners, and affiliates; maintain relationships with key accounts and strategic partners.
- Drive product development as it relates to overall market-by-market strategies and design and implement sales and marketing plans.
- Define business requirements/application development for products/services as well as go-to-market strategies.
- Establish and manage strategy and work with product development organization to execute on practical applications and tools that maintain and extend market position.
- Proven leadership skills and a creative, entrepreneurial business perspective.
- At least 10 years of successful related experience in senior-level general departmental management or product management activities in a data-intensive organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to travel at least 50 percent.
- Publishing industry experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA or other Master’s level education preferred.